Saturday, August 15, 2009

And here we go...

Alas, the time has come. Tis Saturday, August 15th. And OH MY GOODNESS it was JUST May!!!!! And we were PACKING!!!! And we were all bidding each other farewell after Commencement!!!! Seriously. Mind BLOWN.

I have a t-shirt for Ko, my brother in high school,
And chocolate for teachers because they simply rule.
There's a mug for the principal, the head of all things-
And salmon for Jigi, my father who's king.
My Mom hand-knitted my host mother a scarf,
Hanako, my sister, gets cards on which to make art.
I bought the Rice Crispies for when we make Treats
And the black pants and shirt to perform parade feats.
My hair is all cut, but I'm not quite all packed,
And there's little time to make up for what I lack.
I have wrapping paper, tape, and supplies,
I might have to check TWO bags-no lies.
I'm up at 4am and flying by 7-
In San Fran at 9 and off to Japan at 11.
It's been pretty trying to think I'll be gone,
But nearly four months doesn't last long.
Good luck to all students, family, and friends,
Love to all followers, high fives to all hands.

Love to you all! I'll check in and give a weather report (should be upper 70s and 80s for the next week, says my meteorologist mother) and report on the first few days when I can.
Yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment